Dos Brazos de Rio Tigre is set in the midst of the protected zone of Golfo Dulce Forest Reserve. Our three El Tigre houses are wedged between lush rainforest and South Puntarenas’s largest river, the Rio Tigre. The rich forestation surrounding our homes hide a number of waterfalls, swimming holes, tributaries and trails that traverse the land many of which lead to old mining routes. From all of our Dos Brazos homes you hear the sound of rushing waters of the Rio Tigre, abundant wildlife and exotic birds.
Nightly rate: $60 USD for double occupancy.
Weekly rate: $350 USD for two persons.
Four nights minimum stay.
- One queen sized bed and one sofa bed
- One bathroom and hot water shower
- Mosquito net, towels and bedding included
- Well equipped kitchen with two burner stove and fridge
- Spring fed water
- Laundry service is available
- Safe-deposit box (can fit up to a 15'' laptop)
- For rentals of one week or more; 1 x per week of housekeeping (changing sheets, towels, sweeping, general cleaning)
- English and Spanish speaking manager Tristan 10 minutes away
La Casita del Rio is situated right next to the Rio Tigre close to the center of Dos Brazos so there are neighbors but as well surrounded by lush secondary growth rainforest, with sounds of exotic birds and howler monkeys in the distance. With uncrowded nature trails, waterfalls, jungle scenery, this is the perfect location for exploring Corcovado National Park and the Osa Peninsula. Off the beaten track, yet only 12 km/7.5 miles from Puerto Jimenez.
Please note that you must cross a river to reach La Casita del Rio, although a new footbridge will be finished in February 2018. From April to December at times you may not be able to drive to the property, if this is the case it is only a 5 minute walk to the house. 4x4 vehicles required.