La Casita del Rio is a very cute refuge that accommodates 2 people comfortably. Enjoy the singing of the river, the rumor of the local color of the village; The tranquility of its garden, where you will see iguanas or perhaps a troop of squirrel monkeys from your hammock. The view of the surrounding jungle is ideal for bird watching.
Nightly rate: $50 USD for double occupancy.
Weekly rate: $300 USD for two persons.
Four nights minimum stay.
- One queen sized bed and one sofa bed
- One bathroom and hot water shower
- Mosquito net, towels and bedding included
- Well equipped kitchen with two burner stove and fridge
- Spring fed water
- Laundry service is available
- Safe-deposit box (can fit up to a 15'' laptop)
- For rentals of one week or more; 1 x per week of housekeeping (changing sheets, towels, sweeping, general cleaning)
- English and Spanish speaking manager Tristan 10 minutes away
La Casita del Rio is situated right next to the Rio Tigre and surrounded by lush secondary growth rain-forest, with the sounds of exotic birds all around and howler monkeys in the distance. With uncrowded nature trails, waterfalls, jungle scenery, this is the perfect location for exploring Corcovado National Park and the Osa Peninsula. Off the beaten track, yet only 12 km/7.5 miles from Puerto Jimenez, plus ‘soda el caiman’ (small café) with great Tico cuisine is only a short stroll away.
It is important to note that you must cross a river to reach La Casita del Rio. From December to April the river is very low. From April through November there is always a chance the river can grow due to heavy rainstorms. All year round 4x4 vehicles are required to access the property.